Create Custom Fields
Event Settings - Custom Fields
Custom Booth Fields can display on the Floorplan Management Screen.
Common uses include designating booths as having certain features (electricity, gas, ceiling height limitations) or belonging to a certain pricing tier. This field can be used for programming online logic, and can be made to display to exhibitors on the public site.
For fields pertaining to exhibitors who are placed booths see Custom Exhibitor Fields.
Adding or Editing Custom Booth Fields
In Custom Fields select Custom Booth Fields, by clicking on the Form Name.
If this is not your first event and you would like to copy the list of Custom Booth Fields from a previous event scroll down to the bottom of the screen and use the Copy Question From dropdown to pre-populate the list: first choose the event from the dropdown and then click Copy Questions From. Then, update each field that requires it.
Or, Click on Add Question at the bottom of the page.
Add your Question Statement, and configure your display options.
- See the Custom Fields article and scroll down to the Add Questions section for standard custom booth options and configurations.
Custom Booth Fields have the following additional special options:
- DisplayFloorplan displays the field as an option in the Advanced (Advance Operations in Classic) screen in Floorplan Management
- Display Texturing - displays the field on Filter View (Texturing if you use Classic Floorplan Management).
- DisplayPublicSideFloorplan - displays the field in the booth hover-over pop-up on EventMap on the public site.
After you add the Question, see also Custom Fields article for adding Options or other answer configurations.
If using option lists, separate Options/Answers with a Hard Return. After you have entered all the Options/Answers, click Add. If desired, change the display order of your Options, or add more Options, then click Update & Exit to get back to the main Custom Fields page, where you can add more Custom Booth Fields.
Associate Booths with Answers
Floorplan Management, Advanced, Custom Booth Fields
- Click on Show More and select Custom Booth Fields
- Select either a collection of booths by clicking on each individual booth OR a range of booths by holding down the Shift key, clicking in a corner near your first booth and dragging to encompass all your booths in a rectangle.
- Select the options to associate the selected booths with
- Click Submit.
Note – It is fastest to select a large range first, then go back and select the individual booths that are different.
Or, if using Classic Floorplan Management:
- Select the Custom Booth Fields function
- To select a contiguous range of booths – select the Top Left and Booth Right booth in the range by clicking on them.
- To select individual booths, select the Non Contiguous Booths radio button, and then select the individual booths by clicking on them.
- Select the answers that apply to the selected booths.
Step 4 – Click Submit.
Associating Max Layout with Answers
If booths in Floorplan Management are associated with Custom Fields and then are Merged, Split or Revived, they will lose the values, and will need to be reassociated.
If booths should maintain their Custom Fields even when they are Split or Revived, it is possible to associate them using Floor Plan Wizard.
See "Additional Booth Info" section of the Floor Plan Wizard article.
Custom Fields can be designated to show up within the Filtering feature. See Filter View/ Texturing article for general information.
Public Site Display
The custom fields that are designated as DisplayPublicSideFloorplan will be visible in the hover-over when a booth is moused over on Exhibitor view on EventMap.