To facilitate the event managers' experience with collecting and tracking exhibitor insurance forms, events that opt into the Exhibitor Insurance Partnership program insure their exhibitors automatically at the time of the booth purchase. The exhibitor information is forwarded to the insurance provider via a scheduled automated email, and the insurance provider contacts exhibitors directly.
How it works
- An Item Type named "Exhibitor Insurance" is added to track insurance purchases. It is marked Ignore Payment Schedule for automatic collection in full at the time of the purchase. Please do not rename, remove or change payment priority on this Item Type.
- An Item is added to Financial Setup, with a name such as "Compulsory Insurance Fee". As the Item name will appear on the exhibitor statements, this Item may be renamed to be more descriptive or understandable to the exhibitors.
- When the Online Exhibits Contract logic is configured, an order is added to the contract.
- Only one insurance certificate is added, regardless of the booth size or the number of booths that the exhibitor purchases
- If a booth is purchased by paper contract or is assigned by event management in GlobalAdmin without a contract in the system, event management is responsible for ensuring that the exhibitor has an insurance order.
- If a co-exhibitor is participating in the event, an Order should be added for them as well, so that they are also insured.
- The Insurance provider will receive a pre-scheduled email containing the Company Name and the Contact information of the Primary Contact for the exhibiting booth. Three emails will be scheduled
- 8 weeks before the event.
- 2 weeks before the event
- 2 days before the event. Changes made after this mailing will not affect the coverage list.
- Review and confirm the Item name
- Add the following to the Terms and Conditions
- If the T&Cs appear on the online booth sales page, use Message Management to edit the Online Contract, Message #4326
- If the T&Cs appear in the email template, use Template Management to update template #77, Contract Email.
- If the T&Cs are uploaded as a PDF, please modify the PDF and re-upload.
- The language specified by the insurance provider is as follows:
Due to exhibitor requests, we are now including compliant liability insurance which meets all of our requirements, in with your booth space fee. You will no longer need to go through all the hassles and costs of getting and submitting your own compliant insurance. We want to make exhibiting at our show less stressful and as easy as possible. We hope you appreciate this new benefit.
Q: What exhibitors are insured?
A: Only those exhibitors and co-exhibitors who have an insurance order will be shared with the provider. If an exhibitor does not have an order, they will not be covered. If an exhibitor should be included in the coverage, add an order for them.
Q: What should happen if an exhibitor cancels?
A: If an exhibitor leaves the show entirely before the move-in date, their insurance Order may be Voided, and funds may be either refunded or carried over to the next event. If an exhibitor reduces their presence to a smaller booth or fewer booths, the order should remain.
Q: What should happen if the event is cancelled
A: If unforeseen circumstances require the event to be cancelled, work with your Account Management team, who will work with the insurance provider to advise them of the cancellation.
Q: What should happen if the event is postponed
A: If unforeseen circumstances require the event to be postponed for later in the same year, work with your Account Management team, who will work with the insurance provider to advise them of the date change as well as with the Support team who will need to ensure that the scheduled emails to notify the insurance provider are updated to the new dates.