Adding a Navigation Item
Mobile App > Settings > Mobile App Navigation
Allow the user to update and re-arrange the native mobile app’s features shown in the slide-out menu navigation.
At the top of the navigation page, you’ll see a section with a few different fields that will need to be filled out to add a new navigation icon.
- Name – name of the navigation item that will be displayed in the home navigation feature menu of the app
- Type – dropdown list of the possible features that can be added. Any type not noted below is a legacy feature which is not available.
- Buzz = Push Notifications
- Content = Website links
- Exhibitors = Exhibitor list
- Login = Attendee Login
- Maps = Map list (Floorplan Management)
- Products = Exhibitor products
- Speakers = Speaker list (Conference Management)
- Tracks = Schedule, Track list, & favorite sessions (Conference Management)
- Is Visible – when checked, this item will appear in the app. If unchecked, the item will NOT appear in the app
- Sort Order – drop-down menu that allows you to place the navigation item in a certain spot within the slide-out menu of the app. The numbers range from 1-50 with 1 being the top of the menu. Important: Please be aware the top-2 features sorted in the navigation menu must not be "Content" type. Otherwise, the app will display a blank page if the user clicks the feature from the bottom of the home screen.
- Is default – when checked, the app will automatically open to this feature upon loading the app.
- Image – this refers to the icon that will show next to the navigation item name within the slide-out menu of the app. We recommend using Font Awesome icons, but if you wish to use a custom icon (i.e. a Sponsor’s logo) then you will upload that icon image here. The image must be a .jpg or .png and must be 200x200 pixels. If the image loaded is not 200x200 pixels, it will be resized upon upload. If you wish to create your own icon to match the default icon gray color, the hex code is #808080.
- Font Awesome Icon – if you do not wish to use a custom icon, then you will use this widget to search through the hundreds of Font Awesome icons. When a user clicks into the Font Awesome Icon field, a search box will appear which allows searching through all available icons. Note: all Font Awesome icon names being with fa- which will be inserted automatically with the use of the widget menu that appears when the cursor is clicked to this field.
Users may also use these steps when editing an existing icon by clicking Edit next to the desired icon in the far-right column.
If you wish to preview a content web page, use the View icon under the Additional Info column (this will only allow viewing of content web pages.)
Re-arranging the order of navigation icons
Simply click on the drop-down menu under the “Sort Order” column and select the desired position for each navigation item. Once you are done selecting the position for the navigation item(s), scroll down and click the green “Update” button.
Adding a PDF as a navigation item
Please see File Management for help with uploading files to you a2z domain: https://a2zevents.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/14736236912397-File-Management
Once the PDF is loaded on your a2z domain (or another web page) you may add a new Content navigation icon and insert the full URL to the PDF file. sample URL produced from a2z: http://s15.a2zinc.net/clients/Demov14/a2zShowOEC/CUSTOM/HandOut/Speaker0_Session103_2.pdf
See Sample of a completed navigation icon: