The Filter View tool in Next Gen and the Texturing tool in Classic floorplan are used to highlight sets of booths on the floor plan that match the criteria selected on the texturing menu. You can layer textures to create multiple scenarios that are color coded.
- Setting a Filter
- Saving the Filter
- Filter Search Logic
- Uses for Filter Tool
- Search Criteria
Setting a Filter
Choose the color you would like the booth outlines to appear when they are relevant to your criteria, and scroll down to hit Submit.
Then, select another color and another set of criteria to see multiple colors.
Reset will reset the form so that the current selections are blanked out, allowing new criteria to be selected from scratch.
Reset View will clear out the colored outlines on the floorplan.
Printing the Filtered View
The filters that are currently displayed will print by default using the standard print feature
In NextGen floorplan, use the Print PDF icon
In Classic floorplan use Generate PDF function on the Tools Palette
Saving the Filtered View
If the Filter View is not saved, it will only be visible until the floorplan is reloaded.
In NextGen floorplan only, the filtering criteria can be saved, so that it loads by default any time the given user accesses this event's floorplan.
Check the "Save as default filter view and apply on load" when submitting a particular filter. Ensure the checkbox is checked for each successive filter color you apply.
Clearing Saved View
When the initial loading view is no longer needed it can be Cleared.
If Cleared, the view cannot be un-cleared, and will need to be rebuilt from scratch. To remove the filter outlines temporarily so they return on next floorplan load, use Reset View at the bottom of the form.
The Filter Search Logic:
Filters are an ‘And’ type search. When you search for Option 1, 2, 3 at the same time the result will be a booth (or booths) that are Option 1 AND Option 2 AND Option 3.
Search Criteria: Salesperson = John, Product Category = Dog, Product SubCategory=Toys
The booths that apply to this search (booths that John sold or reserved, where the Exhibitor has selected the Dog>Toys SubCategory) will be highlighted in the color you select from the Filter color field.
Search Criteria: Booth Status: Available, Booth Area>200, Hall=Hall A
Booths will be highlighted which are associated with Hall A that are available and greater than 200 sqft.
Uses of Filter tool:
Proofing your work
- By layering the outlines for Halls, Pavilions, or Sub Expos (ex. select Hall A, Filter Color Blue, Submit, repeat for other halls with different colors) you can see that the booths are associated with the correct Halls, etc. AND that all the booths are associated with a Hall, etc.
- Filter one Booth Type at a time to check that the booths are associated with the correct type. (Need to check that all booths have a type? The Booth Report is the best tool to use)
- Check your Move In/Move Out Schedule
Color Coded PDFs
- Move In/Move Out Schedule PDF’s can be created by filtering each Move in Time, printing the PDF, then Refreshing the Filters , and repeating for the Move Out Times.
- Send potential Exhibitors multiple options by layering color coded criteria. (ex. ABC Company wants to be in Pavilion A, and wants a 400sqft booth – but you do not have both available. You can texture for the available booth in Pavilion A, and then for the available booth with the correct booth size to show them their two options. )
The Filter Search Criteria:
- Payments (NextGen only) show occupied booths with No Payment or Outstanding Balance
- Salesperson – The drop down shows the Active Users for this Event. Select one from the dropdown to filter by what booths they have sold.
- Booth Status – The drop down has options: Available, Reserved, Assigned. Select one to filter by booths of this type
- Product Category – This drop down shows the Product Categories as added to Product Category Management. Select one to have the Product SubCategory Drop Down populate.
- Product SubCategory – This drop down show the Product SubCategories as added to Product Category Management. Drop Down will populate based on the Product Category selected. Select one to filter by booths assigned to companies who have selected this as one of their Product SubCategories.
- Hall – Hall Labels as added to Hall Management
- Pavilion – Pavilion Labels as added to Pavilion Management
- Sub Expo – Sub Expo Labels as added to Sub Expo Management
- Booth Area – The drop down has the <,>, =, ≤, ≥ and then the text box allows you to enter the booth area in sq.ft.
- Move in – Move In times as added in Move In Management
- Move out – Move Out times as added in Move Out Management
- Booth Width- type in the amount in feet of the booths width (as it appears on the screen) ex. 10x20 booth the “10” would be the width.
- Booth Length – type in the amount in feet of the booths length (as it appears on the screen) ex. 10x20 booth the “20” would be the length.
- Filter/Texturing Color – Choose the color from the dropdown that will highlight the booth(s) that fit the selected criteria.
- Start Date – Use the calendar tool to select the Date. If you select an End Date as well, then you will filter based on actions during a range. If you select just a Start Date, you will filter based on actions for that single day.
End Date– Use the calendar tool to select the Date.
- NOTE – Start and End Date are most powerful with the Sales Person, and Layout Changes options.
Layout Changes Only– Checking this box will highlight only the Booth Changes (layout tab functions) that happened.
- NOTE – Layout Changes checkbox is most powerful when used with the Start and End Date options.
- Custom Booth Fields – Checking the box will cause the available Custom Booth Fields to show, and allow you to texture based on the answers.