This section of the forms manager is commonly used with the Call for Proposals and EDC add-ons.
The Item Tags section allows site admins to create a keyword or term as a tag which can then be enabled on a category form for submitters to select and associate with their form submission.
Tags can be used on the front end of your Event Portal in a variety of ways to classify and sort data. Using tags makes it easier for site visitors to find information when browsing and searching your portal.
- Users can create and add tags manually by typing the keyword or term with a hashtag prefix (e.g., #marketing) directly in the description field of any form submission.
- Tags cannot contain any spaces.
- Item tags can be associated with digital listings (e.g., products)
- Tags can be chosen by proposal submitters and then assigned as tracks after it is approved and scheduled as a session.
- Select the Allow Tagging During Item Creation checkbox, and all relevant tags, in the category form builder to grant submitters the ability to designate a session track.
- Item tags created for Call for Proposals must be defined in both Forms Manager and in Events Manager (Admin Panel > Events Manager > Item Tags) to successfully be assigned as tracks.
Tags defined in Events Manager must be mapped to Tracks in GA to successfully sync data.