This article details block types the A2Z team recommends using to display event info in your portal.
Jump to Section:
Blocks in the Users category display information related to individual user accounts and site visitors.
Recommended Category Block Types
The Browse Users block type is the only block recommended for use in this category.
Type Details & Settings
Review the following block type details for more info on specific functionality and configuration settings.
The Browse Users block is used to display the list of show attendees.
- This block is highly configurable and can be used in a variety of ways to display a list of users.
- This block can be added to a single page multiple times, and it can also be added to any page in the portal.
- Names on the block link to user profile pages and allow others to quickly jump and discover more information about them.
- Site Admins can feature up to two user profile fields on the user list to quickly display user information such as job title or company name.
- Member Segment - Configure the block to only show users associated with a specific user segment.
- Use Banner Layout - Display user profile banners within each card on the block.
Note: The banner layout prevents several block-specific configurations from appearing. Disabled settings include the Show Badges, Show Friends, Send Message, Schedule Meeting, Show Points, Last Login, and Date Joined settings.
- Show Badges - Enables badge icons associated with the user's member segments to show. Badge icons do not appear on the Grid Layout if selected.
- Show Friends - Enable an icon denoting the user's number of friends. Other users can click this icon to expand the list and view related profiles.
- Show add friend - Display a button allowing users to send a friend request from the block.
- Show Send message - Display a button allowing users to send a private message directly to the user from the block.
- Show schedule Meeting - Display a button allowing users to schedule a meeting with the user from the block.
Schedule Meetings is limited to sites with the Matchmaking package add-on.
- Show points - We do not recommend enabling visibility of points for Event Portal sites at this time.
- Show last login - Display the date that the user last logged into the site.
- Show date joined - Display the date that the user's account was created.
- Show primary organization - Display the exhibitor name for users linked to a company.
- Default Sorting Field - Specify whether the block sorts users by last name, by last login date, by date joined, or by recently joined.
- Filter by Field 1 - Filter the block to only show a subset of users that have selected the corresponding profile field.
Manage user profile fields shown in the dropdown from Admin Panel > Site Building Tools > Profile Manager > Manage Profile Blocks.
- Show Recommendations - Enable visibility of a recommended user list for Matchmaking purposes on the block.
Show Recommendations is limited to sites with the Matchmaking package add-on.
- Module Layout - There are two additional layout options: Grid displays the user list in a card view with an image and List displays them in a table-list format.
- Pagination Type - Choose whether the block displays a specified number of users before Standard pagination occurs or allows for Infinite Scroll.
- Hide Footer - Disable the card footer that contains the Add Friend, Send Message, and Schedule Meeting buttons.
- Items Per Page - Limit the total number that appears on the block at a time. To prevent site performance issues, all blocks can display up to 50 users on a page before pagination occurs.
- No Data Message - Define the custom text that appears if there are no users to display on the block.
- Hide if Empty - Prevent the block from appearing on the page if there are no users to be displayed.