This article details block types the A2Z team recommends using to display event info in your portal.
Jump to Section:
Blocks in the Profile category display information associated with individual user accounts while also providing functionality for users to update and manage their information.
Category-Specific Standard Settings
In addition to the standard block settings, some blocks in the Profile category contain an optional category-specific standard setting that allows further customization.
Populating the User Ids field limits the block to only show the specified user accounts. These identifiers are unique to each user profile. If this field is not populated, the block can display details about all users.
There are two primary ways to locate the user Id:
- Navigate to Admin Panel > Manage Members > Members Search. Search for the desired user(s), then view the Id column in the search results.
- Navigate to the user profile page on the front end of your Event Portal and review the URL. The user Id is the number shown after the /profile URL parameter.
Recommended Block Types
Although there are several specific block types located in this category, the only types recommended for use at this time are:
Type Details & Settings
Review the following block type details for more info on specific functionality and configuration settings.
The Profile Block displays a user's profile field information for other users to view and learn more about them.
- This block should only be used on the User Profile page (Default Page Name: User Profile, Default Page URL: /profile/:user_id).
- This block allows users and admins to edit their profile details.
- Profile blocks can be configured to display one section that has multiple fields grouped into sub-sections, or you can show designated fields separated into multiple sections.
- The form for users to enter their information is defined using the Profile Manager tool located in Admin Panel > Site Building Tools > Profile Manager > Manage Profile Blocks.
- Section titles are determined by the Block Name defined in the tool and it allows admins to enable or disable specific profile blocks as well as create custom sections and fields.
- Profile block sections can be reordered to change the order in which they appear on the front end.
- Edit field permissions are managed by selecting the appropriate field and then selecting the desired member segment in the Can be edited by: setting.
- Select Profile Blocks - Define a specific profile block to display on the page editor block.
- Display all profile blocks - Select to enable the display of all enabled profile blocks on the page editor block.
- Show Full Address - Select to allow the block to display a full address or deselect and limit to display only the city, state, country, and zip code.
Tip: We recommend using the Manage Profile Blocks > Edit form to configure one profile block section that contains multiple field sub-sections within it. This method better allows for separating profile fields by member segment, as applicable, and displays all profile fields on the profile page at once.
Create a form section by clicking the Sections button on the form builder and drag and drop fields into the relevant area.
The Profile Tasks block is used to display tasks that the user has been assigned to complete.
- This block only displays data when added on the User Profile Page (Default Page Name: User Profile, Default Page URL: /profile/:user_id).
- The block displays the task title, and due date & time if defined. In addition, the optional description is shown within an expandable panel if entered.
- Users update tasks to completed status by clicking the radio button to the left of the task title.
- Profile tasks are created and assigned via the Admin Panel > Site Building Tools > Profile Manager > Tasks tool.
A task is required to have a title, however, entering a description, and defining a due date & time is optional. In addition, there are three Task Types:
- None - Displays a task that does not have a clickable link or form associated. If selected, the task title appears as a standard header.
- Link - Associate a task to an internal or external URL. If it is tied to a link, clicking the task title from the profile opens the link URL in a new browser tab.
- Form Submission - Associate a task to a form (from the Forms Manager) If the task is tied to a form, clicking on the task from the profile, opens the form edit page in a new browser tab to be completed.
- When defining tasks in the profile manager tasks tool, Site Admins can create and assign tasks to specific user segments. For example, if the task is set up specifically for Speakers to complete, only users associated with the Speaker segment will see the task on their profile.
The User Badges block is used to show the user's assigned badge icons.
- This block is only functional when added on the User Profile Page (Default Page Name: User Profile, Default Page URL: /profile/:user_id).
- The block displays badges specific to the profile being viewed and their badge names are visible on the front end when hovering over a specific image.
- Badge icons are defined in Admin Panel > Site Building Tools > Badges Manager.
- Columns - Specify the number of columns to display before starting a new row.
- Image Sizes - Specify the desired icon image size that appears on the block.
The User Photo block displays the user’s photo and cover photo on their profile.
- The camera icon/button in the top-right corner of the block allows logged-in users to add, edit, and remove their profile photo and cover photo.
- Online users are denoted by a green dot that appears next to the photo.
- Users associated with an organization/exhibitor show the company name on the bottom left that links to the company profile when clicked.
- Badge icons associated with the user account are shown on the block beneath the user's full name.
- Note: If the user belongs to more than one org/exhibitor profile, the block displays the Primary Company selected on their My Account page.
- This block features a Message link and a Schedule Meeting in the bottom-right corner in portals that have the Matchmaking package add-on enabled. These quick links allow exhibitors to send a message and schedule a meeting with the user whose profile they are viewing.
- Note: Neither link appears for users who opt out of sharing their information with organizations via My Account > Security settings.
- Show Welcome - Display "Welcome" as the block title.
- Display Name - Select a format from the dropdown to define how the name appears on the block.
Note: The Show Welcome setting is disabled if the Block Title option is selected.
- Image Size - Specify the desired profile photo image size that appears on the block.
- Show Change Photo Link - Select to enable a link allowing users to update their profile photo.
Best Practice: Navigate to Admin Panel > Site Building Tools > Profile Manager > Default cover photo and upload a default cover photo to give your site a uniform look and feel across all user profiles.
User Profile Completion
The User Profile Completion block is used to show the total user profile completion percentage.
- This block is only functional when added on the User Profile Page (Default Page Name: User Profile, Default Page URL: /profile/user_id)
- This block also provides call-to-action buttons and reminders prompting users to complete their profile.
The completion percentage includes profile fields, profile photo, cover photo, and if applicable, assigned tasks.
This block only appears for site admins and logged-in users when viewing their profiles.
- Tasks do not have a call-to-action button but are visible for users to complete on the page via the Profile > Profile Tasks block.
The User Sessions block is used in conjunction with the Conference and/or Matchmaking add-ons to display the list of events (e.g., meetings, sessions, etc.) that the logged-in user has created or has selected an RSVP status of "Yes" or "Maybe" to attend.
- This block is highly configurable and can be added to a page multiple times and used in a variety of ways.
- When added to the User Profile page (Default Page Name: User Profile, Default Page URL: /profile/user_id), the events displayed are determined by the profile being viewed.
- If the block is placed on any other page, all events visible to the logged-in user are shown.
- Filter visibility is determined by the row width where the block is placed.
- Blocks in rows that range from 67-100% display event filters on the page, whereas when placed on rows that range from 25-50% page width event filters are only visible when the user clicks the Filter button.
- Number of days for sessions - Define the number of days for events to display. For example, if set to "30", the block will not display events that are more than 30 days in the future.
- Review State - By default, the review state is set to "All", but this can be changed to any review state defined in Events Manager > Event Status.
- Time Frame - Determines whether the block displays upcoming or past events.
- Show events where user role is - Determines which events appear on the block. Options are:
- Invited - The user has been invited to attend an event that was scheduled by someone else.
- Owner - The user scheduled the event and invited someone else to attend.
- Owner & Invited - Displays both roles on one block.
- Use Condensed grid layout - By default, this field is deselected. When checked, most block-specific configurations listed below are disabled.
- Show number attending - Check to display the number of users who have accepted an invite to attend the event, including the creator.
- Show Status - Check to display the session status on the block.
- Show category - Check to display the event category on the block.
- Show owner info - Check to display the user name who scheduled the meeting.
- Show event start date - Check to display the event start date and time on the block.
- Show event start date in time zone of - Show time according to the Event, User, or Site setting.
- Show event end date - Check to display the event end date and time on the block.
- Show event end date in time zone of - Show time according to the Event, User, or Site setting.
- Show event location - Check to display the event address on the block.
- Show description - Check to display the event description on the block.
- Show hours - Check to display the credit hours associated with the event on the block.
- Photo Size - Specify a preferred size to display event category images.
- Category Ids - Limit the block to only show events from the specified event category.
- Add Custom Quick Filter - Select custom fields and selections to pre-filter the events displayed on the block.
- Module Layout -There are two layout options: Grid displays events in a card view with an image and List displays events in a table-list format.
- Pagination Type - Choose whether the block displays a specified number of events before Standard pagination occurs or allows for Infinite Scroll.
Note: The Infinite scroll pagination option does not work with search filters currently.
- Hide Footer - Select to disable visibility of the footer which displays event creator info, RSVP status, and Like link.
- Items Per Page - Define the number of events, up to 50, to display on the block at a time.
- No Data Message - Populate text that appears if there are no events to display on the block.
- Hide if Empty - Prevent the block from appearing on the page if there are no events to display.