Path: Contacts > Search & Add Contacts > Companies
Contacts can be associated with multiple companies, with multiple contact types. To associate a contact with a company, first navigate to a contact record.
Associate a Contact with a Company
When on the contact's record, click on the Companies tab.
- Type the first few letters of the company's name
- Click the ‘Search’ button
- Choose the company from the ‘Select Company’ drop down
- Select the contact type from the ‘Select Type‘ drop down
- Click ‘Add’ to associate the contact with this company as the selected contact type
Edit a Contact/Company Association
- Type – the value displayed is the current contact type for this company. Note – there may be multiple rows for each company the contact is associated with; one row for each contact type. One contact can be listed for multiple types – Primary Contact + Invoice Contact + General Contact, etc. (your system administrator can add more contact types under Manage Lists).
- Update Type – If a contact type needs to be changed, choose the new value in the drop down for that row, and click Update Type.
- Disassociate – Remove the relationship between contact and company by clicking Disassociate at the end of the row that should be removed. If a contact has multiple rows for the company, select the row for the Contact Type that needs to be disassociated.