In most cases orders are added using existing items at their usual prices. Sometimes, however, circumstances require for an exhibitor to have a special pricing or a comp, or an existing order needs to be reversed.
PLEASE DO NOT EDIT PRICES AND ITEMS ON EXISTING ORDERS.
Instead please choose the best workflow from one of these methodologies
A discount item should be created if the same discount may wish to be applied to multiple exhibitors, or if you would like to easily report on the amounts of discount offered.
Creating a discount
Create a discount order item in Financial Set up
If you'd like to make "Discounts" their own Item Type for ease of reporting, create the Item Type. (Or you can make your Discounts be of type Miscellaneous). Go to Settings and click Item Type
Scroll to the bottom and add a Item Type of Discount
Go back to Settings and then Financial Setup.
Scroll to the bottom and add a Financial Item. You can name it Discount, or you can be more specific - Item name will show up on the exhibitor's Invoice..
- If it's a standard discount in a usual amount, enter the amount.
- If the discount is variable, add a value of zero, and you can overwrite it each time you apply a discount by adding an order.
Applying a discount
Search for the company or click the booth of the exhibitor you would like to apply a discount to.
Add an order with a negative price and positive quantity.
If a price variance is a one-off, instead of creating a Discount it's possible to simply override the price of an existing item at the time when it's created.
NOTE: Please do not change the prices of existing items. This may disrupt the audit trail and be detrimental to correct allocation of payments, and may create inadvisable side-effects.
- On the Orders screen simply enter the desired price of the order
- For Booth Space, make sure that the override price is per square foot (or per square meter)
If the price needs to be changed on an existing order, please reverse this order using the steps below and add a new order with the adjusted price. Clicking Process on the Financial Summary screen would move the payment to the new order if necessary.
If an existing Booth Space order needs to be modified but not cancelled, use the Move Exhibitor feature to relocate the exhibitor on the floorplan. This will give an opportunity to adjust Booth Space Orders to different items or prices if necessary.
- If the price or booth space item needs to be changed without changing locations, use Move Exhibitor twice, and select the correct pricing on the second move.
- Make sure to always select a Cancellation order. If cancellation fee does not need to be collected, enter 0 in Price Override.
For any other orders, use one of the following workflows.
If the reversal does not need to be shown on the Statement, use the Void link next to the order.
If the reversal needs to be shown on the Statement:
- Add a new order of the same Item at the same Price, with the opposite Quantity. (Example: if original order is for 100, the new order should be for -100), price per unit should be the same
- Optionally, choose the original order from the reference order drop down
- Save the order
- Transfer the credit manually to the original order, if applicable, or process the statement to have the credit applied to the oldest order of the highest priority.