Editing your CSS:
Editing your CSS is as simple as accessing your event site's stylesheet. Check this DIY video below for step-by-step instructions, best practices and real-time examples. Below this video is a quick written synopsis as well.
Premium Templates are available with EMM Pro.
Accessing your website’s stylesheet (CSS file).
- Login to Global Admin (GA) and select Event
- Click on the "Content" button in top-right or left navigation
- Click on the "File Management" link in top-right
- In File Management, navigate to the ../custom/CSS folder
- Your editable file would be site_YourEventID.css
- Example: If your event site is event ID 11, then your stylesheet would need to be named "site_11.css"
Download it locally.
- In "File Management" open up your "Custom" folder by clicking on the + icon to the left of "Custom"
- Then navigate to the "CSS" folder and download your stylesheet w/ the naming convention of "site_YourSiteID.css"
Breakdown and structure
- Your CSS file is (not) our base CSS. It's an additional layer of CSS created to stylize your Premium Template.
- It's always best practice to include any (new) CSS rules at the very bottom of your stylesheet.
Real-time example: Changing site color scheme and your homepage background photo.
- See video above ^ for examples.
Backing up your work locally or in File Management
- This is an extremely important step and best practice we recommend to all of our clients creating and editing content in Global Admin (GA)
- Recommendation: Download the .inc file you want to edit (twice) and rename one of them something similar to "site_11.css_17Nov20_CB"
- Make sure to upload this backed-up file as well as your (new) site_11.css file just in case you ever need to revert.