Editing your footer:
Editing your website's custom footer takes only a few simple steps. Check this DIY video below for step-by-step instructions, best practices and real-time examples. Below this video is a quick written synopsis.
Premium Templates are available with EMM Pro.
Accessing your custom footer include (.inc) file.
- In Global Admin (GA) go to File Management
- This file contains all of your source code and content for your custom footer
Download it locally.
- Click on the "Custom" folder and download the file called "custom_footer.inc"
Considerations for free local code editor.
- Sublime Text 3
- Notepad ++
- Visual Studio Code
Real-time example: Changing footer headers, and social media icons.
- See video above ^ for examples.
Backing up your work locally or in File Management
- This is an extremely important step and best practice we recommend to all of our clients creating and editing content in Global Admin (GA)
- Recommendation: Download the .inc file you want to edit (twice) and rename one of them something similar to "custom_footer.inc_17Nov20_CB"
- Make sure to upload this backed-up file as well as your (new) home.inc file just in case you ever need to revert.