Companies > Imports > Import Exhibitors
Exhibitors can be imported into the system when the floor plan is added.
- If the event has financials enabled, Exhibitors should be imported with Reserved status only, as this functionality does not create orders for the booth assignments.
- Before an import can be done, the booth layout must be completed.
- If you have existing companies in the system, you will create a duplicate company if you do not use the existing 'Company Number' to sync the data.
To Import Exhibitors:
- Complete the attached Excel file located at the bottom of this article (Yellow Highlighted Columns are REQUIRED)
- All Columns must exist in the final file. Data is only required in the yellow highlighted columns
- If this is not your first time importing, know that importing empty columns where the company previously had data in the system will delete that data from the system. For example, ABC Company has a company url of http://www.amazingcompany.com in the global admin system. If you import ABC Company and the company url field in the file are empty then http://www.amazingcompany.com will be deleted from the company record as a result of your import.
- Save the file as .CSV (comma delimited) format
- Go to Companies > Imports > Import Exhibitors
- Select the correct Event and click on the 'Choose File' button to search for your .CSV file.
- Select the desired Status of the booth: Assigned or Reserved
- Then, click the 'Import' button.
*You will be able to confirm the data is importing properly in the next step.
- Verify the data fields are correct and click 'Add Companies' to finalize the import. You will receive a green success message.
Explanation of Data Fields:
Booth Label* - Ex. 501 This is the booth number to which this exhibitor will be assigned.
CompanyNumber* (Text, 50 characters) - Ex. 12345. This will be a unique number for this company, like an account number from an AMS/CMS system
CompanyName (Text, 255 characters) - Ex. ABC Company
CompanyAdd1 (Text, 255 characters) - Ex. 123 First Street
CompanyAdd2 (Text, 255 characters) - Ex. Suite 100
CompanyCity (Text, 100 characters) - Ex. Smithville
CompanyState - Ex. Montana. This can be the full state or province name OR the standard postal abbreviation
CompanyZip- Ex. 12147. If the country is United States, Zip Code should have 5 or 9 digits. If the country is Canada, Postal Code should have 6 alternating letters and numbers.
CompanyCountry- Ex. United States . Use the full Country name. See list of known countries. If the Country is blank, it will be populated as United States.
CompanyPhone- Ex. 443-393-4200 x123
TollFree- Ex. 800-555-1212
CompanyFax- Ex. 443-393-4201
CompanyEmail (Email address, 255 characters)- Ex. firstname.lastname@example.org Main or info address for the company. This field must contain data, if no email Exists use email@example.com, or make the same as Company Contact Email
CompanyURL - Ex. https://www.abcco.com . Use full URL, with https://
CompanyProfile (Text, 4000 characters)- Ex. ABC Company was started in 1908 by Mr. Albert Christianson. A short description that can be used to display in the booth profile on the event site
CompanyContactHonorific (Text, 50 characters) - Ex. Ms. Mr. Ms. Mrs. Dr.
CompanyContactFName (Text, 100 characters)- Ex. Jane
CompanyContactMName (Text, 100 characters)- Ex. Ann
CompanyContactSuffix (Text, 50 characters) - Ex. CEM Jr, Sr, CEM, PhD, MD, etc.
CompanyContactLName (Text, 100 characters)- Ex. Smith
CompanyContactTitle (Text, 400 characters) - Ex. Manager of Events
ContactEmail (Email address, 255 characters)- Ex. firstname.lastname@example.org This is the email that will be used to retrieve company password.
DateEntered (Date)- Ex. 10/12/2008 The date that this company was entered into your system of origin. This can be left blank.
FP Company Name (Text, 100 characters)- Ex. ABC Co. This is the company name that will be displayed on the booth and in the Exhibitor list. If this company is not using a DBA or abbreviated company name, leave blank.
If an imported exhibitor has exhibited in the past event, their Company information will be populated from the import. Their Booth information will follow the logic set in the system, either copy from the Company record or from previous year's Booth record.
The default in the system is to copy from Booth record. If that is not desired, the change can be made in Event Configuration, Copy Booth Info From Previous Event