For best accounting practices orders should not be deleted. Instead, they should be Voided.
The Voiding process does the following
- Create a new order, which has the same Item, the same Price and opposite Quantity, such as -1 for a sponsorship or -200 for booth space.
- The financial total of the original order and the balancing order is 0, and so is their quantities for accurate inventories.
- Mark the old order as Reference in the new order
- Hide the pair of orders from the Statement, from the public MyAccount page and from reporting
Voiding the Order
Orders that aren't attached to booth spaces can be voided from the order screen in Global Admin.
- Navigate to the order screen of the company record.
- Find the order you want to void.
NOTE: If it is an active booth space order, you must vacate the booth from the floor plan. If it is not an active booth space order, you will see the Void link next to the order.
- If you need to verify that you have the right order, you can open the order and void directly from the edit order screen.
- A confirmation screen will appear. Confirm the void.
Reviewing the Voided Orders
Your order will now disappear from the order list. It will be visible by de-selecting "hide adjusted orders".
The voided order will not appear on the exhibitor's statement. It will also be suppressed from the exhibitor order report unless "Hide Adjusted Orders" is deselected.
The orders will be visible on the GlobalAdmin Payments screen.
If funds had previously been applied to the voided order, they will be distributed against any unpaid balance for that event per the payment schedule the next time the statement is processed. Processing is not triggered automatically. Any excess funds will be stored as an overpayment.
See also: Void Orders Quick Actions Video