This article details block types the A2Z team recommends using to display event info in your portal.
Jump to Section:
Blocks in the Videos category are used to display videos and details about them in your portal.
Videos cannot be uploaded directly to the site, but users can enter URLs for videos hosted on YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Twitch, NexusWebcast, or Brightcove for display in the event portal.
Category-Specific Standard Settings
In addition to the standard block settings, some blocks in the Videos category contain three optional category-specific standard settings that allow further customization.
Defining the Items Per Page setting limits the total number that appears on the block at a time. To prevent site performance issues, all blocks can display up to 50 items on a page before pagination occurs.
Entering a No data message defines the custom text that appears if there are no items to display on the block.
Select the Hide if empty checkbox to prevent the block from appearing on the page if there are no items to be displayed.
Recommended Block Types
Recommended block types for use in the Videos Category include:
Type Details and Settings
Review the following block type details for more info on specific functionality and configuration settings.
The Video Comments block allows users to leave comments on a specific video’s page.
The Video Listing block displays a list of embedded videos.
- This block can be configured to display videos in the best way to suit your needs, for example, you can create a list of exhibitor videos, training videos, or on-demand sessions.
- This block is used on the digital content gallery page to showcase exhibitor videos, the main videos page, the video category page, and the exhibitor’s profile.
- Show Video Description - Display the description entered in the upload form on the block.
- Show category - Display a link to the video category type on the block.
- Show owner info - Display a link to the user or organization who uploaded the video.
- Default order of videos - Currently, videos can only be sorted by Most Recent.
- Module Layout - There are two layout options: Grid displays videos in a card view with an image and List displays them in a table-list format.
- Pagination Type - Choose whether the block displays a specified number of events before Standard pagination occurs or allows for Infinite Scroll.
- Hide Footer - Select to disable the visibility of a footer in the List layout that shows owner info.
The Video Metadata block displays the embedded video and pertinent details including the video category, the title, description, and who added the video.
- Users can enter a URL from YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Twitch, NexusWebcast, or Brightcove in the add video form.
- Note: Users cannot enter a URL that links to a video playlist. This block only displays URLs that link to a single video.
- After being embedded, the video and its details can be edited, deleted, etc. by clicking the three-dot menu.
- The eye icon shows the number of views and when clicked shows who viewed the video.
The Videos Categories block displays video categories used to organize and group similar types of videos, for example, On-Demand sessions or Exhibitor Videos.
- Video categories are defined in Admin Panel > Site Building Tools > Videos Manager.
- Show Total - Configure the block to display the number of videos in each category.
Best Practice: Add this block on the main videos page (Default Name: Videos, Default URL: /videos) so users can navigate directly to video category pages.