Product release notes announcing changes to the A2Z Event Portal are posted every Wednesday in The Loop, the Personify Client Community. Click the linked header to connect, collaborate, and learn with other community members and begin enhancing your product knowledge by leveraging an entire network of product users to share ideas, resources, and best practices to better achieve your strategic goals.
Event Admin Roles, aka Speaker Types, can now be ordered in the Event Portal. This will determine the order in which the speakers appear on the session details page, first by role then by last name alphabetically. To reorder navigate to Admin Panel > Site Building Tools > Events Manager > Event Admin Roles; drag & drop using the left column to reorder the roles.
The Event Portal now supports child sessions. In the list layout, child sessions will display indented under their parent session (Page Editor block is Events > List of Events; Module Layout must be set to ‘List’). Child sessions should be managed in Global Admin.
Session handouts can be displayed and downloaded on sessions in the Event Portal. Handouts from sessions in Global Admin will be displayed in the Event Portal. The block Events > Event Handouts should be added to the view session page.
Proposal Reviews Report
There is a new report for proposal reviews that includes review information, such as review text and review scores. The report can be found in the Admin Panel > Site Building Tools > Forms Manager > Reports > “Review Item Reviews Report”.
The report includes:
- Category ID
- Category Name
- Proposal ID
- Proposal Name
- Proposal Status
- Reviewer Name
- Review Text
- Each Rating Category with Score
Browse Users Filtering
Filters can now be displayed on the side of the Browse Users block. This allows quicker access to filtering a list of attendees in the Event Portal. To enable the side filters, edit the Browse Users block in Page Editor and set ‘Show Side Filters’ to Yes.
- We fixed an issue where removing an organization field association with a badge was causing the badge filtering to not work properly on the exhibitor list.
We updated what is displayed for Exhibitor Insights. If advertisements are disabled for exhibitors, then advertisement-related analytics will not display for exhibitors, aka clicks and impressions. We made this update as an effort to reduce confusion for exhibitors by removing unnecessary analytics.
To disable advertisements, navigate to Admin Panel > Organizations Manager > Details table and uncheck ‘Enable Sponsorships’. The Exhibitor Insights block is Organizations > Organizations Insights.
We have added the ability to message an exhibitor from their profile page. There is a new “Message” button that appears on the exhibitor’s cover photo. This will send a message to the organization owner/booth contact for the exhibitor.
Exhibitors: Delete Logo & Featured Photo
Exhibitors can now delete their logo and featured photo. Previously, exhibitors could only replace the photos. The options to delete are available in the three-dot menu on the exhibitor profile page.
Note: The delete featured photo option only displays if the exhibitor has added a featured photo.
Call for Proposals: Private Reviews
We’ve added the ability to configure when proposal reviewers should be allowed to see other reviews. There is a new option on the Forms Manager Category, “Show Reviews & Ratings for Reviewer” with options: at all times, after submission of their own review, or never. This will control when reviewers are allowed to see other reviews and ratings.
Forms: Hide Add Photo Prompt
We added the ability to hide the ‘Add Photo’ prompt from the front-end forms in a Forms Manager Category. To hide this prompt, navigate to Admin Panel > Forms Manager > Edit the category and check ‘Hide Add Photo Prompt’.
Forms: Field Description
We updated form field descriptions so that they no longer scroll, they now fully display on the form. This should reduce confusion and ensure that users filling out forms do not miss any important field instructions. Field descriptions are added to a specific field in the Forms Manager > Category > Field Editor.
We improved the filtering of the exhibitor list by adding a loading state so that the list cannot be re-filtered while the list is still loading results.
Tasks within the Exhibitor Hub can now be reordered. To reorder a task, click and hold on the task and drag it in the order that you want it to display for exhibitors.
An issue preventing badge associations containing a radio button from being saved was fixed.
The Users > Browse Users block can now be set up to display only a specific user segment. For example, select the ‘Attendee’ user segment to only display attendee users. This setting can be found on the Users > Browse Users block in Page Editor; select the segment you want to display in the ‘Member Segment’ dropdown field.
Sell Exhibitor Logo & Featured Photo
The ability for exhibitors to upload a logo and a featured photo can now be tied to a purchased level or an add-on. The level or add-on can be set up in the Organizations Manager > Add-Ons section in the Admin Panel. If nothing is selected, all exhibitors will be able to upload a logo and featured photo. If a level or add-on is selected, only exhibitors who have purchased it can upload.
The exhibitor logo appears on their profile and on the card-layout exhibitor list. Featured photo, if uploaded, will replace the logo on the card-layout exhibitor list.
Note: If your site is using the new IDP, the page URL cannot be edited by exhibitors. It will automatically use Exhibiting As for the vanity URL if the exhibitor has purchased the level or add-on associated.
Sell Exhibitor Vanity URL
The ability for exhibitors to set a vanity URL (specific URL for their profile page) can now be tied to a purchased level or an add-on. The level or add-on can be setup in the Organizations Manager > Add-Ons section in the Admin Panel. If nothing is selected, all exhibitors will be able to set the vanity URL. If a level or add-on is selected, only exhibitors who have purchased it can set their URL.
Lists, such as the attendee list and exhibitor list, have been updated to only allow a maximum of 50 items per page. This update was made due to performance concerns to ensure all items are accessible in lists. We added informative text on the block settings so admins know there is a max of 50.
Exhibitor booth purchases are now granted once per day without requiring exhibitor log in.
- We fixed an issue where websites on the exhibitor profile were not working correctly.
Conference Management: Session & Speaker Reports
We created two new reports for Conference Management. The reports can be found in Site Building Tools > Events Manager > Reports section.
- Session Report
- This report allows admins to download a CSV of session data, including session ID, session name, category, start date & time, end date & time, GA session id (if the sessions are being pulled or pushed) and tracks.
- Session Speaker Report
- This report allows admins to download a CSV of session speaker data, including session ID, session name, speaker name, speaker email, speaker role, and whether the speaker is an event admin or not.
Effective August 2023, Event Portal Version Numbering has changed.
Product Release Notes now adhere to the following format:
[Year].[Week Number].[Release Number per week]
This update means the next release is version 23.30 - indicating the update was released in the year '2023' during the '30'th week. If a second release in the same week occurs, the release version would be 23.30.1.
Exhibitor List: Pre-Filter
We have added the ability to pre-filter the exhibitor list. The Organizations > Organization List block settings on Page Editor now includes ‘Filter By Field’ options. This allows admins to pre-filter the exhibitor list by a custom exhibitor field, then on the front-end the list will only display exhibitors that match the field selection(s).
Exhibitor List: Search by Booth Number
We have added the ability to search for exhibitors by booth number. Users can type in the booth number, for example 886, in the exhibitor list search bar or site-wide search bar and see exhibitor results.
- We fixed an issue where empty pages were displaying at the end of the Browse Users block’s paginated results. We also added a message to inform users they have reached the end of results: “End of results. Search or filter to refine your results.”
Forms & Reviews Manager Renamed
We have renamed “Forms & Reviews Manager” to “Forms Manager” in the Admin Panel.
There is a new option ‘Disable Creation & Editing?’ available on Form Categories. When checked, users cannot create or edit items in the category. Admins still have access to create, edit, and delete items.
Floorplan Map: Child Booth
- We fixed an issue where clicking on a child booth in the floorplan was resulting in an “Organization Not Found” error in the Event Portal. It now opens the correct exhibitor profile in the Event Portal.
Sell Messaging & Meeting Access to Exhibitors
We have added a new enhancement to the Matchmaking package. In addition to having the ability to grant a certain number of meetings or messages per upgrade level, you now have an option to sell and fulfill the ability to message and the ability to schedule meetings to exhibitors.
Booth Label Change
- We fixed an issue where changing the booth label/name for an exhibitor’s booth was causing the booth to not appear in the Event Portal (Hub).
Call for Proposals
- We fixed an issue where proposal edits were not being saved if the proposal did not have speakers associated.
Organizations Manager: Profile Field Progress
- We fixed an issue where address label was incorrectly showing as “Array” on the Organizations Manager > Profile Field Progress page in the Admin Panel.
User Favoriting Analytics
We've improved the user Favoriting feature to enhance tracking for exhibitor favorite metrics. Now when users favorite an exhibitor's digital content, the exhibitor is automatically added as a favorite as well.
Restrict Meeting Creation for Matchmaking
Site administrators can now restrict access to schedule Matchmaking Meetings to specified user segments.
Users Opt-Out of Matchmaking
We’ve added the ability for you to enable an option that allows your system users to opt-out of all forms of communication with attendees or exhibitors. If the user elects to opt-out, they will not receive messages from other users or Matchmaking meeting requests from exhibitors, in addition to appearing anonymous in the exhibitor analytics.
Member List Download
- We fixed an issue where the member list report was unable to be run and downloaded.
Call for Proposals
To encourage users to select speaker(s) when submitting a proposal from the page containing a Reviews > Associate User block, a confirmation pop-up now appears if a speaker has not been selected.
User Profile Fields
The Profile Block field setting label has been modified for clarity and now appears as Display on Profile + Search? when editing a profile block field from the Manage Profile Blocks page of the Profile Manager.
- We fixed an issue where updated exhibitor addresses in the Hub were not pushing back into Global Admin.
Exhibitor Built-In Fields
Built-in exhibitor fields, such as name, description, address etc. can now be set as Display Only meaning they cannot be edited. This setting can be found in the Organizations Manager in the Admin Panel under Built-in Fields section.
Automatically Feature Exhibitors Based on Purchase
Exhibitors can now be automatically featured based on a purchase, either an add-on or an upgrade level. There is a new section in the Admin Panel under Organizations Manager called ‘Featured > Organizations’. This section allows admins to select which add-on or level should make an exhibitor featured.
To set up the Featured block, navigate to the Page Editor for the main exhibitor directory page. Add the block Organizations > Organization List and update the title to ‘Featured’ or what you prefer the block to be titled. Check the option ‘Show Featured Orgs Only’, this will ensure that only the featured exhibitors display. We recommend using the Horizontal ‘Module Layout’ as it showcases exhibitors with more imagery and real estate. We also recommend checking ‘Disable Search’ to turn off search and filtering on the featured block. Save the block settings and save the page.
When an exhibitor purchases the selected item, they will automatically be added to the featured block. Exhibitors can also be added manually to appear on the featured exhibitor block; simply click ‘Associate Organization’ button to add an exhibitor.
Feature Exhibitors: Top of the List
We’ve updated the wording to communicate more clearly how top of the list featured exhibitors work in the Hub. The option to feature exhibitors by displaying them at the top of the main exhibitor list is available in the Admin Panel under Organizations Manager > Details section.
Select the exhibitor levels that should be displayed. The number of exhibitors that display at the top of the list at a time can be set in the block setting, ‘Top of List Orgs Per Page’, on the Page Editor screen.
Exhibitors: Display Multiple Booths
Exhibitor profiles and directory now support displaying multiple booths. The booth numbers will display and be linked to the floorplan pointing to all booths.
Conference: Associate Speakers with Sessions
We’ve added the ability for admins to associate speakers or moderators to sessions. There is a new block (Events > Associate User) that can be added to the session details page.
To add a new user as a speaker or moderator, select the role you want to assign and click ‘Select Speakers’. Then either select an existing user or invite a new user to be a speaker.
The selected users will be automatically RSVP’d as going to the session and assigned the selected role. The added speakers will receive an email notification informing them that they have been added as a specific role to that session with a link to the session’s page.
Exhibitors Sync: Single or Multiple Listing
With this release, the setting for “Booth Listing” in Global Admin now controls whether an exhibitor with more than one booth gets one profile or multiple profiles in the Hub.
This setting can be found in Global Admin under Event Settings > Event Configuration > “Booth Listing”.
- Setting this to “Single Booth Listing” will default exhibitors to having one profile listing, regardless of the number of booths they’ve purchased
- Setting this to “Multiple Booth Listing” will default exhibitors to having a number of profile pages equal to how many booths they’ve purchased
This rule can be broken for an individual exhibitor on the Booth Configuration page in Global Admin. For more information, reference the help article here.
We cleaned up the Organization Analytics Report:
- Progress % column displays NA if the exhibitor has nothing to complete
- Progress % column displays 0% if the exhibitor has things to complete but has not done any
- Unapproved and unpublished exhibitors are no longer included in the report
Organization Progress Report and Organization profile Report no longer include unapproved and unpublished exhibitors.
Call for Proposals: Assigning Reviewers
- We fixed an issue where filtering by tracks was not working on the block for assigning reviewers to proposals in bulk.
Display Speaker Sessions on Profile
You can now display speakers’ sessions on their profile for speakers to easily manage their sessions and attendees to easily find sessions a speaker is speaking at.
Using Page Editor, make sure the block is Profile > User Sessions is on the user profile page. On the block’s settings, select the speaker roles for ‘Show events where user role is’ field and select ‘Invited’ for ‘Show events where user is’ field. This will ensure that speaker sessions will be displayed on the user profile, aka sessions where the user has a role assigned, such as ‘Speaker’ or ‘Moderator’.
- We fixed an issue where the exhibitor level was not displaying in the Organization Analytics table or the Organization Profile Report.
- We fixed an issue where custom profile fields were missing from the Organization Profile Report.
Mar 22 - Event Portal v15.11
Partnership program participants and Hubs using all versions of the Enhanced Digital Content Sales package can now associate add-ons with a video category or review item category (products, show specials, press releases etc.) and setup automatic fulfillment. (e.g., X qty add-on is purchased by an exhibitor, the allotted amount available increases.)
Exhibitor Built-In Fields
We added the ability to hide built-in organization/exhibitor fields.
Navigate to the Organizations Manager in the Admin Panel and select the Built-in Fields section. Select which fields you do not want to show on organizations' profiles. These fields will not display on edit or on their profile.
Email digest now includes unread internal messages/notifications and outstanding meeting invitations (if your site has Matchmaking) to notify users they need to take action. Users can click on links to quickly access their inbox or meeting invites.
Organization Report Updates
We added some additional columns to the Organization Progress Report and Organization Profile Report. These reports can be found in the Admin Panel > Organizations Manager > Reports section.
The Organization Progress Report now includes Company ID, Org Owner Name, and Org Owner Email.
The Organization Profile Report now includes Company ID and Booth Number.
Review Item Category Report Updates
We added some additional columns to the Review Item Category Report. This report can be found in the Admin Panel > Forms & Reviews Manager > Categories > Edit the category you want to run the report for > scroll down the page to the report.
The Review Item Category Report now includes Submitter Email and Booth Number.
Sync Product Categories into Hub
We’ve added the ability to pull in product categories and subcategories into the hub.
Navigate to the Organizations Manager in the Admin Panel and select the Custom Fields > About section. Expand the Categories field and click the ‘Sync Product Categories From A2Z’ button.
This will pull in all the product categories and subcategories from Global Admin.
Upon sync the system will check if there are any existing categories that match synced categories and remove duplicates. Manually created field options that do not match will have an indication next to them, example pictured below.
The options will be automatically sorted alphabetically, including any categories that were created manually before syncing.
The synced product categories will be read-only in the hub and should be managed in Global Admin.
Exhibitor Level Displays on Profile
The exhibitor’s upgrade level will now display on their profile. The label for each level can be changed in the Localization Editor in the Admin Panel; search for ID organizations_level to easily find them.
The level will display next to booth number as pictured below. Only associated exhibitor users and admins are able to see it.
Call for Proposals: Speaker Conflicts
When scheduling a proposal as a session you will now be able to see the speakers’ busy dates and times for sessions they are already speakers for.
Please note, this will not prevent you from scheduling a session at the same time for the speaker(s).
Profile Task Completion
With the recent addition of user/speaker tasks, task completion can now be tracked.
Users will see a reminder to complete their assigned tasks on their profile.
Admins can track task completion for each user/speaker in the hub. This can be found in the Admin Panel under Site Building Tools > Profile Manager. Select ‘Profile Completion’ under Analytics section.
If the user is not assigned any tasks the ‘Task Completed %’ will display N/A.
To run the report click Run Report. Once the status is Completed, click Download CSV.
New Exhibitor Progress Report
We have added a new organization/exhibitor progress report. This report is meant to showcase how exhibitors are progressing in uploading their logo, filling out their description, selecting product categories, and adding digital content they purchased.
The report can be found in the Admin Panel under Site Building Tools > Organizations Manager. Select the Reports section.
To run the report click Run Report. Once the status is Completed, click Download CSV.
The report includes:
- Exhibitor Name
- Product Categories
- Upgrade Level
- Booth Number
- Profile Progress %
- Logo Uploaded?
- What We Do/Description Filled Out?
- Number of Product Categories Selected
- Number of Product Categories Allotted
- Number of [Category Name] Added
- For example, this could be Number of Products Added
- This will be included in the report for categories in Forms & Reviews Manager with “Enable Organization Limits” checked that also are “Enabled” in the Organization Details table (found in Organizations Manager > Details)
- Number of [Category Name) Allotted
- For example, this could be Number of Products Allotted
- This will be included in the report for categories in Forms & Reviews Manager with “Enable Organization Limits” checked that also are “Enabled” in the Organization Details table (found in Organizations Manager > Details). It will show the number of items allotted for the exhibitor’s upgrade level.
- Number of [Video Category Name] Added
- This will be included in the report for categories in Videos Manager with “Enable Organization Limits” checked that also are “Enabled” in the Organization Details table (found in Organizations Manager > Details).
- Number of [Video Category Name] Allotted
- This will be included in the report for categories in Videos Manager with “Enable Organization Limits” checked that also are “Enabled” in the Organization Details table (found in Organizations Manager > Details). It will show the number of videos allotted for the exhibitor’s upgrade level.
We made some UI improvements and updates to the Exhibitor List:
- If an exhibitor has their website defined on their profile, it will now display as a linked globe icon on the exhibitor list when the list is in horizontal card layout.
- We change “Booth#” to “#” to save space on the horizontal card layout.
- We removed pagination at the top of the exhibitor list, now it only appears at the bottom of the list.
- We improved the UI of the new quick filters:
- Clicking the filter name area expands the filter options
- Clicking the text area of a filter option selects it
- The default text for the exhibitor badge/icon filter has been changed to “Icons” but can be updated in localization editor in the Admin Panel: local ID profile_badge_filters
- The default text for the exhibitor name column has been changed from “Title” to “Name” but can be updated in localization editor in the Admin Panel: local ID organization_name
- There is a new block setting to “Hide Badge Filters”. If this is checked in the block settings in the page editor, then the badges/icons filter will not show in the exhibitor list.
Exhibitor Custom Field Descriptions
We added the ability to define description text for exhibitor custom fields. Admins can utilize this to provide additional information or instructions for each custom field; the field descriptions will show when editing an exhibitor profile. Define descriptions in the Organization Manager > Custom Fields section.
Search Terms Report
We updated the Search Terms Report to include the origin of the search. This will make it easier for admins to analyze search terms by area.
- Note: “all” origin means the user searched the site-wide search
Exhibitor Featured Links
- We fixed an issue where Organizations Manager > Featured Links where unable to be deleted.
Call for Proposals: Speaker Tasks
Users / Speakers can now be assigned tasks to complete. As an admin, navigate to Admin Panel > Site Building Tools > Profile Manager and select the section labeled ‘Tasks’. Tasks can be created and tied to an internal form (from Forms & Reviews Manager) for the user to fill out, an external link, or left unattached.
Set a due date for the task to be completed by. Assign a task to a specific user segment, such as Speakers only.
User List Download
We’ve improved the Member List download by making it a runnable report and included more user data.
- There is no longer a maximum of 5,000 rows
- The report includes Organization ID if the user is associated with an organization
- The report includes segments the users belong to, indicated with a value of 1
- The report includes all profile field values
- The report includes users’ external reference ids
To run this report, navigate to Member Lists and click ‘Manage’ button on the list you want to export. Click “Download List’ link and then ‘Run Report’. Once the report has run, download the CSV.
Call for Proposals: Speakers
Users can now be associated as speakers on a proposal submission. Then when the proposal is scheduled as a session the speakers will come over to the session.
There is a new block Reviews > Associate User that allows speakers to be associated with proposal submissions. When a user creates a proposal, they will be able to select existing users in the system or invite users not yet in the system to be speakers.
- Workflow Click Path:
- Search for existing users and click the + to add them as a speaker.
- Click + Add to invite a person not yet in the system as a speaker for the proposed session. Enter in their first name, last name, and email address.
- When finished adding speakers click the Add button. Associated speakers will now show on the proposal form.
- Once the proposal is approved it can be scheduled as a session. While scheduling the session, you can assign speakers event roles.
- Once the proposal is scheduled as a session, all speaker users will receive an email notification alerting them that they have been added as a speaker for their session. If the person was previously not a user in the system, they will have a user created and can reset their password to log in.
- Speakers will display on the session according to their assigned event role.
Matchmaking: Meeting Times
We’ve improved the user experience of scheduling meetings by displaying the allowed meeting dates & times on the schedule modal. If ‘Meeting Time Ranges’ are defined in the Admin Panel > Matchmaking Manager that restrict when meetings can be scheduled, these allowed time ranges will appear when scheduling a meeting so that the user is aware.
We fixed an issue where banned or inactive users associated with an exhibitor were still appearing in the exhibitor user list.
Exhibitor List: Filter by Badges
The exhibitor list can now be filtered by badges. Users can easily filter the list of exhibitors by clicking on the badge icon column header or expanding the ‘Badges’ filter and selecting a badge option.
Once the list has a badge filter, it will show at the top and can be cleared by clicking the X.
Exhibitor List: Quick Filters
The exhibitor list now has quick filters that appear on the left so that it is easier for users to find exhibitors. This shows all fields that can be used to filter the list. Each field filter can be expanded to select from the field options. The filters selected will show at the top and can be cleared by clicking the X.
Filtering and search can be turned off in the block settings on the Page Editor. Check ‘Disable Search’ to turn it off for a specific exhibitor list block.
Exhibitor Display Options: Booth Number & Console Link
There is a new section in the Admin Panel > Organizations Manager called Display Options. This allows admins to control the display of exhibitors’ booth number and the console link. They can be hidden if desired.
Admins can now edit pages directly from the page on the front-end. To edit the page that you're on open your user menu in the top right and click ‘Edit Page’. Admin must have the admin role ‘Page Editor’ assigned in Admin Panel > Site Administration > Admin Roles to have this option.
We removed the organization categories section in the Organization Manager. Custom Fields can be used instead for categorizing organizations/exhibitors.
Authenticate Sender Email
We have added the ability to authenticate a sender’s email address domain to improve deliverability of email notifications. There is a new section in the Admin Panel > Site Messages called ‘Sender Authentication.’
Enter in the domain name, make sure the DNS records have been added for the domain, and the user interface will verify that the DNS records are in place and authenticate the email domain. Now you can change the Admin Email in the Details section of Site Messages to an email matching that domain.