The Event Portal Admin Panel allows you to manage your site from the back end.
Access your admin panel by logging in and clicking the User Menu drop-down in the upper-right, then selecting Admin Panel. The page launches in a new browser tab but you can return to exhibitor-attendee-facing view by clicking the "Visit [your event name]" button in the left navigation menu.
If email sending is disabled for your system, the "Emails are Disabled" banner displays across the top of all pages.
From the Admin Panel home screen, you can also visit The Loop, Personify's client community, or reach the A2Z Events Help Center and use the "Submit a Request" link in the upper right to submit a Support ticket.
The vertical left navigation bar allows admins to configure various system settings and site features using tools grouped into eight sections:
- Manage Members - Search and view information pertaining to individual system users such as Admins, Exhibitor representatives and Attendees.
- Manage Content - access the Tags feature.
- Import Manager - Upload external data into your system.
- Site Administration - Manage features pertaining to Admin roles and System settings.
- Site Building Tools - Manage your site configurations, appearance, and Organization (Exhibitor) settings.
- Integrations - Used by the A2Z deployment team to configure the setup between Global Admin and your Event Portal.
- Reports - Review user activity data related to site usage.
Apiv4 - Manage applications allowed to create API keys.
The Site administration group consists of three primary tools. This article section covers the following:
- Admin Roles - Define the hierarchy of admin roles and create new roles with specified permissions.
- Assign a New Admin Role - Grant admin permissions to existing users.
- Admin List - Manage individual user accounts admin roles.
- System - Configure various settings related to the overall site.
At this time, Global Admin users do not automatically carry over to your Event Portal. Each member of the show management team responsible for managing Hub features and assisting exhibitors with their experience will need to be manually given an Admin Role.
The Admin Roles page allows you to define roles and their permissions to manage admin level content.
Admin roles are hierarchical by numbers 1000 to 0. 1000 being the top admin role. When creating admin roles, note the number associated with each under the Access Level column. Setting the number lower than an admin role above it means that:
- That admin role will only be able to create admin roles with permissions given to the admin role above it (if they have access to the admin roles screen)
- That admin role will only be able to assign their admin role or lower admin roles on the Admin List page (if they have access to the admin list screen)
Add a New Admin Role
- Enter a profile name in the New Profile column.
- Check the profile attributes you wish to associate with the new profile role.
- Add a number 1000 to 0 under the Access Level column.
- Click Save Profiles.
You can also modify individual admin role permissions after it has been created by checking or unchecking permissions, then clicking Save Profiles.
In addition, admin roles can be deleted by checking Delete checkbox then clicking Save Profiles.
Assign an Admin Role to a User Profile
Users must first register and have an account associated with your site before an admin role can be assigned. New users most commonly create their account by clicking the Register button located on the main page then completing the registration form. If your site does not publicly display the Register button, existing Admins can navigate to the Join page and complete the form on behalf of the user.
After the user has created an account, navigate to Manage Members in the Admin Panel then complete the following steps:
- Search for the desired user account.
- Click the users name from the Member Listing table and access their profile.
- Click the Admin Roles tab located at the bottom of the profile.
- Select the appropriate radio button for the role you wish to grant.
- Click Save Admin Role.
Note: User accounts must first be approved if your system is set up to require member approval. To locate the list of users pending account approvals, navigate to Members Search then from the Member Info Criteria section, set the Approval field to Pending.
The Admin List page allows you to add, modify, or remove admin roles from existing users.
Note: Admins cannot assign or delete roles that are greater in hierarchy than their own.
Assign a new Admin Role
In addition to assigning an admin role directly to a user's account, it can also be assigned via the admin list by completing the following steps:
- Enter the user’s email you would like to make an admin and click Search.
- Check the box under Add to Admin Users and click Add User.
- Once added, select the admin role you would like to assign from the dropdown.
- Click Save Profiles.
Modify an existing Admin Role
You can also update or assign a different admin role to an existing admin account from the admin list by completing the following steps:
- Locate the desired user then click the dropdown menu in the Admin Profile Roles column.
- Select the desired Admin Profile Role from the dropdown.
- Click Save Profiles.
Remove an existing Admin Role
Lastly, the admin list also allows you to delete an existing admin role from a user's account, if necessary, by completing the following steps:
- Select the Delete checkbox.
- Click Save Profiles.
The System tool contains 9 groups of general site settings that offer Admins access to manage various features related to the overall setup of the Event Portal. These settings include:
- User Registration - Manage settings related to user account registration including:
- Require Profile Photo
- User Auto Approve
- User Segments Select
- Send Welcome Email
- Email Settings - Manage email related settings including:
- Disable Emails
- Internal Messaging - Determine who can communicate within the system including:
- Allow Member Segments to send Messages
- Allow members segments to send message to All (via Send to All button)
- Maintenance Mode - Manage your site when undergoing maintenance including:
- Enable Maintenance Mode
- Allow Member Segments to Bypass Maintenance Mode
- Maintenance Message
- Profile Configurations - Manage settings related to user account profile information including:
- Make DOB Mandatory?
- Hide DOB on Registration/My Account?
- Age limit for minors (in years)
- Registrant minimum age
- Require approval of minors who register?
- Show profile privacy fields at the time of registration
- Allow users to opt-out of organization tracking
- Note: Enabling this feature turns on an option in the User Menu > My Account > Privacy tab that allows individual users to discontinue all forms of communication (e.g., messages, meeting requests, etc.) with exhibitors and other attendees from within your site. To change the option label from “Share my information with Organizations” navigate to the Site Building Tools > Localization Editor, search for the ID organizations_allow_tracking, then update the locale.
- Deactivate Users - Define the number of days that a user must be inactive before the system deactivates their account.
- User Deactivation Jobs - Review the list of system deactivated accounts.
- Cookie Settings - Manage settings related to google analytics and the cookies consent message.
- Domain Name - Manage settings related to your site's subdomain URL.