Exhibitor Console is accessible to all Assigned exhibitors. It requires login. If an exhibitor uses the login feature with no additional parameters, they will be directed to Exhibitor Console automatically.
The Console is comprised of a collection of tiles, each of which leads to a page or a feature.
Tiles can include:
- links to function pages (such as My Account or forms)
- links to informative content (both internal Content pages and external URLs to main site or other providers)
- links to uploaded documents
- links or single sign-ons to vendors such as registration or general services contractor.
A tile consists of an icon, a header and a description. The header is designed to be bolded and hyperlinked. The description may include additional details and links.
Some suggested Tile examples:
- Exhibit Schedule
- Register for Badges
- Hotel & Travel
- Contact List
- Exhibitor Bulletins
- Exhibit Construction Guidelines
- Shipping Addresses & Labels
- Exhibitor Service Manual
- Lead Retrieval
- Union Labor Guidelines
- First Time Exhibitor Tips
- Event branding images for exhibitors to download
Testing the Console
Before directing exhibitors to log into their console (via Confirmation Letter or other communication), log in as an exhibitor and test the console.
- Make sure there is at least one Assigned exhibitor on the floorplan.
- You can add a test company if no exhibitor is ready to be assigned. You may delete the test company after you are done testing, which will remove them from financial reporting, or you may retain it for further testing through the year.
- Go to the exhibitor's Booths screen, either by searching for Company by name and clicking on Booths on the left OR by clicking on the booth on the floorplan with no other option selected.
- Click on the Sign In icon to be logged in as the exhibitor.
Or, you can test the console by going to the public site login page and typing or copy-pasting a Company Password of your test company. You can find this password on its Company Info page.
Consoles are copied year to year, so your starting configuration should match your previous event's configuration at the time of event setup. Please make updates to tile text to indicate which items will be coming soon, and remove any outdated URLs.
Adding a New Tile
Tiles should be added by the deployment team at the time of original configuration. Once placeholders are added, the name and description can be modified and links can be added.
If additional tiles are needed, contact the deployment or support teams to discuss your needs.
Updating A Tile & Adding URLs
Each tile is controlled by two Messages in Message Management.
- To see the Message numbers, in your browser on the URL line for the console, add the parameter ?showmsg=1 (or &showmsg=1 if there is already a ? in the URL)
- This will show the framework for the website as well as all of the message numbers associated with that tile. Find the text you would like to change and take note of the number.
- Go to Event Settings on the left toolbar in Global Admin, Scroll to the bottom and select Message Management.
- Hit Crtl+F on your keyboard and type the number from the website.
- Use the editing tool to add the text and hyperlink the Header using the chain link icon.
- If you would like to link a tile to a file, upload it using File Management and then you will be able to browse the server using the link tool to link to it.
Note: Please do not re-purpose function page tiles (Products, Press Releases, Show Specials, Videos, My Account etc) as informational tiles. Instead, if you are still working on your initial deployment, contact your deployment team to provide you with additional tile stubs, and if your project has been delivered, reach out to the support team.
Secure Single Sign-Ons can be configured for registration and GSC partners who are able to consume web services and program in decryption of credentials. These features are available with Plus and Pro packages. Contact your deployment or support team to determine whether your providers support single sign-ons.
It is rarely necessary to hide existing tiles. Most exhibitors respond well to in-tile messaging that indicates deadlines or explanations for why a given feature is no longer available. However, if it becomes essential to deactivate the tile, please contact deployment or support teams depending on the phase of your project.
Additional Helpful Articles:
Q: Logging in as an exhibitor produces the message "No Confirmed booths found for this account".
A: This exhibitor either has no booth or all of their booths are in Reserved status. Only Confirmed/Assigned exhibitors can access the console. NOTE: this message can be updated via Message Management to add further information or to include links to Online Exhibit Sales or My Account or other directions.
Q: Exhibitor Console is activated in Content Management, but I get a Page Not Found screen
A: please verify that all instances of Exhibitor Login, e_login.aspx, is also enabled in Content Management.