From the Site Building Tools section of the Admin Panel, click Tours Manager. The Tours Manager screen allows administrators to create and manage guided tours through the different pages of the A2Z public site.
Add and Edit ToursTour
Click Create New Tour to add a new tour.
To edit an existing tour, click on the or the edit pencil.
Enter a Tour Name and Tour Description.
Next, select your Tour Trigger. These Tours can be activated by several different triggers, such as a clicking a custom button or when a user visits a specific page.
For example, if you'd like to launch the tour with a button, the steps are:
- Page Editor:
- Find the page you want to have the tour launch from
- Edit the page
- Add block for Html > Custom Button
- Place the block where you want the button on the page
- Check 'Full width button' if desired, I'd suggest to check this
- Enter 'Button Text' for what label the button should have, aka "Launch Exhibitor Tour"
- Enter in new 'Button ID', this just needs to be a unique ID not used on another button, for example 100 or 102
- Save the block
- Save the page
- Admin Panel > Tours Manager
- Find the exhibitor tour and edit it
- Select the button you created as the 'Button' field to trigger the tour
- Save the tour
- Make sure it's published
Click Create Step to add a step.
Select which Page the Tour Step will direct the user to when activated. There may be additional information required depending on which page is selected, such as a specific category ID.
Select a Module from the page you would like to draw attention to.
Enter the Title and Content for the Tour Step.
Select the placement position for the Tour Step. This determines where the box will appear in relation to the selected module. We recommend only using Top and Bottom for the best results.
Enable or disable a Backdrop. This will cause the page around the specified module to be covered in a semi-transparent veil.
Publishing and Unpublishing Tours
When your tour is finished, click Publish. Clicking Publish will cause the tour to go live and allow users to activate it.
To unpublish a tour, click Unpublish. Clicking Unpublish will cause the tour to end for all in progress users and prevent further activations.
There are two tours available out-of-the-box, the “Event Portal Tour” includes a walk through of the event portal and the “Attendee Tour” includes a walk through of the most important pages for attendees.
Tours offer a metrics area to allow admins a way to see each user’s individual progress through the Tour as well as completion rate for each step.
To view Tour Metrics, edit the tour and expand the Tour Metrics section at the bottom.