The Events Manager screen allows administrators to control front end functionality of events. From the Site Building Tools section of the Admin Panel, click Events Manager.
Jump to Section:
Access Control: Limit Session Creation
Select the Access Control section on the Events Manager page. Access control limits who can create sessions. This applies to all categories.
Leave ‘Limit create access to segments’ set to No to allow everyone to create events.
Set ‘Limit create access to segments’ to Yes to limit who can create events. Select the user segment(s) you want to allow to create events.
Control the categories for your events from the Categories section.
To create a new event category, click Create New Category.
Enter the category name and description. Categories can be set up to use however you wish so name them accordingly.
Enable hour tracking, capacity, notifications, and comments as needed.
· Enabling capacity will allow attendance size to be set for the sessions created in this category, including the ability to enable a waitlist.
Select Yes for Restrict access by member segment(s) to restrict this category to specific user segments.
Upload an image to represent the category. This image will default as the session image when a session is created but can be changed on the session.
· Category image recommended size is 1000x666.
Uploading a banner image is optional. If uploaded, it will appear at the top of the category page on the front-end. This can be used to add a visual for this specific category.
· Banner image recommended size is 2000x200.
The Field Editor can be used to add additional fields to your session form.
· Note: Custom fields can be used to create quick filters on the front-end to make finding sessions easier for attendees. See the section called Quick Filters.
Select the field type under ‘Add Optional Field’ to add a new field to the form.
Click on the field in the Live Preview to the right to modify the Field Settings. This is where you can change the field label, field description, whether the field is required, field options etc.
To delete a field, select the field in the Live Preview on the right and click the red delete icon.
When finished, click Save to save your event category settings and form.
Manage existing categories using the edit, remove, and clone actions. Clone allows you to quickly copy an existing category.
Navigate to the Events Manager in the Admin Panel under Site Building Tools. Select the Filters section.
Quick filters can be created that will display on the front-end lit of sessions so that the list can be more easily filtered. See an example of the front-end below.
Click Add Filter to add a new filter.
Select the type of filter to create.
There are three types of filters available:
1. Query: this filter will show results based on a specific string in the session title, description, or custom field
2. Tags (aka Tracks): this filter will show results based on a specific tag / track in the description, comments, or track that was pulled over from the proposal
3. Field: this filter will show results based on a custom field value for a specific event category
Enter in the Label for the filter on the front-end and the Value (aka the tag, keyword, or field value) to match the filter to.
Click Add to add the filter and save the page.
Add headers to specify a section header for a set of filters.
Reorder headers and filters as needed by dragging and dropping.
Filters will show on the left side of the block on the front-end unless the block is in a 50% width or less column—then they will show as options under the Filter menu. The Filter menu will also display when viewing this block on a mobile device.