The Delete action tool removes and hides booths from the active floorplan. If you happen to delete a booth in error, it can easily be brought back with the Revive tool.
Jump to Section:
Delete using the Next Gen Floorplan
Delete removes booths from the floor plan. Booths can easily be brought back with the Revive tool.
1. Navigate to your floorplan, then click Layout > Delete from the right functional bar.
2. Specify the booth numbers to be Deleted:
There are three methods to specify which booths you wish to delete:
Method 1: Click each booth you would like to delete or select a range by clicking the first and last booth (opposite corners) of the range.
Method 2: Select a range of booths from the Select Booth(s) to Delete dropdown list.
Method 3: Type individual booth numbers in the range and press the Enter key to select each. Typing opposite corners automatically selects all booths in between.
Note: Click Reset to clear your selection if an undesired booth is chosen.
3. Confirm the deleted booths are highlighted on the map.
4. Click Submit to delete the booths.
If successful, a green Success alert appears and confirms the selected booths are now removed from the island layout.
If unsuccessful, a red Error alert appears if the selected booths are unable to be deleted.
Booths that are Reserved or Assigned cannot be deleted. To achieve the delete you will need to complete one of the following two options:
- Delete smaller sections of booths and avoid the Assigned or Reserved booths OR
- Clear the entire area via one of the following methods:
- Vacate Assignments or use Move Exhibitor to reassign the exhibitor to a new location
- Decline Reservations or use Move Exhibitor to reserve the exhibitor to a new location
Choose Layout, Delete, and then choose the booth or range of booths that you would like to delete by clicking on them.
Then choose Submit. Once you hit submit the booths will no longer be visible.
Q: A booth does not delete (and Financials are in use).
A: The most common cause that prevents booths from being deleted occurs when a financial order is associated with the booth. Two common reasons that cause this issue are:
- A booth was Reserved and generated an order but Declined without choosing a Booth Cancellation.
- A Booth or Premium order was changed to another item type. (This is technically possible but highly discouraged.)
To resolve the issue, find the company that previously occupied the booth. Review the financials and note that it has an Order which cannot be voided.
- If the order was changed, change it back and reserve the booth to the same exhibitor.
- If the problematic order was a Booth Space order, make sure to not select a new booth space order.
- If the problematic order was a Premium, add a booth space order, but not a premium. Then, Decline the booth, making sure to choose a Booth Cancellation. This action will void the problem order and allow the booth to be deleted. The Cancellation order can be voided.