Sidebar Management 101:
What is it?
Sidebar Management is the internal-coined process that our Design & Content clients can leverage to display content (HTML / CSS / JS) on a specific page within the A2Z Events public site. There are actually (4) sidebar locations in the A2Z Events system. Top, right, bottom and left.
*Sidebar Management is available with EMM Pro or Design & Content added on.
How to implement in GA > File Management:
- Create a new include (.inc) file with a relevant name so if you needed a pop-up to display on the homepage then you could call it "homepage_popup.inc."
- Include the source code for pop-up directly in this new "homepage_popup.inc" file.
- Then upload your new include file to your ../custom/sidebarcontent folder.
- Navigate to the ../custom folder and download the file named "SidebarContentTop.xml" locally.
- Simply include a new set of <content> tags that point to your include file and also identify what page of your site your content should display on. That's it!
XML file Example:
Download the PDF of our public site wireframe that breaks down the (4) sidebar sections you'll have access to, seen (below in green). This also breaks down content and messages available as well.
- The most obvious example of this would be with our Premium Template homepages. Everything you see below the top navigation on the (homepage only) would be content that lives in our "top sidebar" via an .inc file. The reason for this is that our top and bottom sidebars are full-width containers so anything you put inside of them will not display at our default 1170px container-width, but full-width (browser-to-browser) edge.