Proposal Grading is done on the public event site by designated contacts. These contacts are assigned proposal tracks, which populates a list of proposals for them to grade. Grading consists of selecting a numeric grade (scale of 1-5) and adding a comment.
Grades can be used in reporting, as well as in the proposal acceptance process.
Before Graders can be assigned, you will need to set up tracks and these tracks must then be used in the proposal submission process.
- Create Contact Records
- Associate Contacts/Graders with Tracks
- Set the Proposal Grading Dates
- Custom Grading Fields (optional)
- Allow and Display the Grading Content Page
- Grader Communication
- View/Accept/Reject Proposals by Grade
1. Create Contact Records
If the contact does not yet exist in Global Admin, a record will need to be added for them. Go to Contacts in the top blue bar and add a contact record. (View Full Article)
2. Associate Contacts/Graders with Tracks
In the contact record (Contacts > Search), click on the 'Track' tab in the left navigation. Select the Tracks that this grader is assigned to.
3. Set the Proposal Grading Dates
In Event Configuration (Events > Event Settings > Event Configuration) set the following fields:
- Proposal Grading Start Date
- Proposal Grading End Date
4. Custom Grading Fields (optional)
By default, graders will be required to complete two (2) standard questions per proposal they are assigned to: 1. Grading Scale (1-5) and 2. Comments. If you want to collect responses to additional questions, you can set up Custom Grading Fields (Events > Call for Proposals > Settings > Custom Fields).
5. Allow and Display the Grading Content Page
In Content Management check the Allow and Display boxes next to the content page for GradeProposalList.aspx. This will show the page in the event site navigation, and allow graders to log into their grading console. NOTE: mybriefcase.aspx login page also needs to be allowed in Content Management.
A Grader will log in with their email/password, there is a link to recover their password if they forget it.
Once logged in, the grader will see all submitted proposals that are associated with their assigned Tracks.
- Click on Grade next to a proposal
- Review the proposal
- Select the Grade from 1-5
- Add a comment
- Click the Submit button to save the grade.
7. Grader Communication
Use the Grader Communication Letter to communicate grading information to graders. (View Full Article)
The following reports are available:
9. View/Accept/Reject Proposals by Grade
After the proposals are graded, in Global Admin go to the Call for Proposals module.
- Click on Proposal Search.
- In the Search window, selected "Graded" from the Status drop down.
- Click Search to see the list of proposals
- Check the box next to the proposals you want to Accept
- At the bottom of the screen, click Approve to accept the proposals.
NOTE: Once a proposal is accepted, it changes into a session and is copied to the Conference Module.
10. Email Templates
Inform the speakers of the status of the proposals they are associated with
#45, Accepted Speaker Email Blast informs speakers that the proposal they are added as a speaker for has been approved.
- #40, Rejected Presenter Email Blast informs speakers whose proposals were Rejected.