This is an overview article for initial configuration of AffiniPay for use. Please make sure to speak with your implementation team regarding activation of optional AffiniPay features, such as Credit Card Processing Fee and ACH Payments. Once the contract is signed, the implementation team will activate the feature for configuration.
- Connect GlobalAdmin to AffiniPay
- Activate AffiniPay in each event
- Enable Credit Card Processing Fee
- Notify our team
- Test the connection
- Change between Test and Live Accounts
Step 1: Connect to AffiniPay
- To activate the AffiniPay connections, click on Connect With AffiniPay link
- A new page/tab will open to AffiniPay login screen:
- Log in with your AffiniPay credentials. (This can be done by anyone with access to the AffiniPay account.)
- Click on Authorize.
- Copy the Authorization code
- Return to A2Z system tab in your browser, paste the Authorization Code, and Save.
Step 2: Configure the AffiniPay account for each Event
Account Type allows switching between Test and Live accounts.
Test accounts must be configured separately by your AffiniPay account team. It is recommended that the payment portal is tested in live mode and transactions are refunded, as this can test multiple aspects of the system, including correct depositing.
- Select the appropriate accounts
Saving the form activates the account for this event
If another payment gateway had also been configured for this event in the past, a warning will appear:
Step 3: Configure the Credit Card Processing Fee
If you will be collecting Credit Card Processing Fees from exhibitors, go to Events > Financial > Settings > Credit Card Processing Fee Configuration > check the 'Active' check box and enter the 'Percentage' you want to charge exhibitors for their Total Order Amount.
The changes to Credit Card Processing Fees are logged.
Step 4: Notify your implementation team when Affinipay Setup is Complete
There are additional configurations that will need to be applied to your Online Exhibit Contract, Online Sponsorship Sales Contract and Add-Ons page (if applicable).
If you would like to take ACH payments, your implementation team will need to activate the feature for initial use; once it is configured within the system, it can be enabled for individual events in Event Configuration. This will enable it to function automatically on the public site's My Account page; all online sales pages should be tested and may require additional configuration by the implementation team.
Step 5: Testing
Testing credit card - Test Mode
- Choose or create a test company - do not use a real exhibitor or your organization's own record for testing.
- Add an Order to ensure there is something to pay against
- Online Credit Card payments can be tested in GlobalAdmin, by going to the company's Payments screen.
- In test account mode, you may use the following credit card: Visa, with number of 4111111111111111 - 4 and 15 1s - with any CSV, any future expiration date, and any data in the address fields).
- To clean up the financials you may delete the test company record
Testing credit card - Live Mode
- Choose or create a test company.
- Add an Order to ensure there is something to pay against.
- Online Credit Card payments can be tested in GlobalAdmin, by going to the company's Payments screen. Add a $1 transaction in Online Credit Card mode using a real credit card.
- The transaction may take up to 2 business days to be deposited.
- When you have ascertained that the funds have posted correctly, you may add a payment in the amount of -1 of type Online Credit Card Refund to reimburse yourself.
- To test ACH payments you will need to log into the public site My Account page, as that payment method is only available there.
- Add an ACH payment to the test company.
- Once it has been deposited, you may add a negative Online ACH Refund payment in GlobalAdmin to reimburse yourself.
If ACH Test Mode is used, you can use any account number and routing numbers 000000000 or 000000013.
Step 6 - Change between Test and Live Accounts
How to Disconnect from AffiniPay
Click the Disconnect from AffiniPay link.
Note: this will impact all events.
Affinipay Support Contact Info
- www.affinipay.com - login, support center, main phone number
- Main Support Line: 855-656-4685 *has late night and weekend support
- Main Support Email: email@example.com *late night and weekend support
- Association Support Line: 800-485-6455
- Association Team Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chargebacks: email@example.com