Automatic Success Emails
In order to test an email that is generated by user action on the public site it is necessary to log into the public site and complete the action as if you were the user (exhibitor, speaker or attendee).
For example, to test the Online Booth Reservation template (#47) and Contract template (#77), log in as a test company and go through the steps to book a booth. In order to test the Call for Papers success email, log in as a submitter and complete a Proposal.
Printing & Email Reports
Emails that are issued from GlobalAdmin by event management, such as Confirmation Letter, Statement and Communication Emails, can be run in Test mode.
- In Printing & Email reports, locate your report.
- Change Email Type from Live to Test
- In the text box that appears enter your email address
- Hit Go to proceed to the list of emails to be sent.
- By default all the email recipients will be selected. For testing it's best to only send yourself one or two emails, rather than all of them.
- Click on the checkbox in the header row twice to unselect all.
- Click on the checkbox next to the recipients you'd like to use for testing.
- Scroll down and click Email.
- This will issue the email to you only (not to them), with merge fields as they would appear to the recipients you have selected, with their merge fields.